CORONAVIRUS-WHAT TO ADVISE PATIENTS.docx
The NHS and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The current risk to the general public is moderate. You can help too.
Germs can live on some surfaces for hours. To protect yourself and others:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze.
- Bin the tissue, and to kill the germs, wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- If you have arrived back from an affected area within the last 14 days and develop symptoms of cough or fever or shortness of breath, you should immediately:
- Stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu
- Call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the country
This is the best way to slow the spread of almost any germs, including Coronavirus.
More information, including a list of the affected areas is available by logging onto gov.uk/coronavirus
Does your GP know you look after someone?
If you help a family member or friend because of their physical, mental ill health, frailty, disability or substance misuse…….then you are a carer!
For more details please ask at Reception.
Are you a Veteran of the Armed Forces?
Please let our Reception team know
Self-Care information for Patients
NHS England has recommended that medicines for minor ailments such as colds, hay fever and mild dry skin should no longer be routinely prescribed. Please purchase these in future, with advice from a pharmacy if needed. More info is available at www.nhs.uk/OTCmedicines
MORE BOOKABLE APPOINTMENTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE WHEN WE ARE CLOSED
6:30pm-9:30pm weekdays, 9:00am-5:00pm weekends
There are now more bookable GP appointments in Northampton, making it easier for you to get an appointment at a time that suits you including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
The Northampton GP Extended Access Service is an extension of our usual GP practice, it is not a walk-in-service, you need to make an appointment through our Reception.
The service is located on the ground floor of Highfield Clinical Care Centre, Cliftonville Rd., Northampton NN1 5BD.
For more information please visit: www.northantsgpalliance.com/services-we-offer/gpea
FAIR PROCESSING NOTICE FOR PATIENTS
Your Information, Your Rights
Our Fair Processing Notice explains why we collect information about you and how that information may be used to deliver your direct care and manage the local health and social care system.
The notice reflects:
- What information we collect about you
- How and why we use that information
- How we retain your information and keep it secure
- Who we share your information with and why we do thisThe notice also explains your rights in relation to consent to use your information, the right to control who can see your data and how to seek advice and support if you feel that your information has not been used appropriately. A full copy of the Fair Processing Notice is available from Reception or via our website: www.kers.org.uk
Did you know you can now order repeat medication on-line with the practice. You are now able to order your repeat medication on-line, direct to the practice over an encrypted, secure link. There is still a need to allow a maximum of 48 hours before you collect the prescription from the surgery or you could save time by nominating a pharmacy to receive electronically. There is still a need to allow a week for ordering your prescription and for it to be ready to collect from your chosen pharmacy. For more details please ask at Reception about this service and for registration.