Welcome to King Edward Road Surgery
Online service https://systmonline.tpp-uk.com/Login?PracticeId=K83010
New service for patients
You may now take advantage of a new way of accessing our services called Doctorlink.
Doctorlink is an online health needs assessment and symptom checker which will advise you according to your health needs, and where required message the Receptionists with an appointment request. You can also request FIT notes or repeat prescriptions through this service. It also means that you do not have to wait on the telephone to access the healthcare you need.
If you require urgent care when the surgery is closed please contact www.111.nhs.uk or you can use our new online service doctorlink.
Special Arrangements due to Coronavirus.
Whilst we recognise during the COVID-19 pandemic that non-essential services have been suspended both here at the surgery and elsewhere, it is important that our patients continue to seek medical advice for serious conditions or if they develop symptoms that cause concern.
If these symptoms are related to COVID-19 (coronavirus) then seek help via the dedicated national service on https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 or telephone 111. If any symptoms are life threatening then call 999.
We are following the advice of the Government in changing the way we provide our services as from 13/3/20
- Regardless of your travel or contact history, patients must not come to the surgery if they have a new persistent cough, or a fever (raised temperature), or have lost their sense of taste or smell.
- Patients should self isolate for 7 days if they have these symptoms.
- If anyone in your household has the symptoms you and any other co-habitees must self isolate for 14 days.
- If the symptoms worsen and you need advice should contact www.111.nhs.uk.
- All new Surgery appointments can only be made by telephone, not at the Surgery
- Please do not come to the Surgery unless you have an appointment, and do not have symptoms.
- Prescriptions can be ordered by placing your requests in the box in the foyer of the Surgery, by emailing email@example.com, or via systmonline.
- All prescriptions will be sent to nominated pharmacies electronically.
- On line booking of appointments has been temporarily suspended.
- Most new appointments will be over the telephone or by video (Reception will advise if this is the case).
- Our Receptionists will advise how best to handle any other requests.
Patients at particular risk from the virus
NHS England has written to patients considered particularly at risk from the virus, giving advice on self care and isolation. In addition, the Practice will be contacting a small number of additional patients considered at particular high risk with similar advice.
Get help for the extremely vulnerable at www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable
(Site updated 09/07/2020)